Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Getting Ready

Tomorrow is my first official day of Teacher Prep. Everything's crazy at school right now. They are used to having only like 14 kids in each 4th grade class and our classes can have as many as 22. Right now, it's looking like we are going to have 23-25 kids each unless we can open up a new 4th grade room. We also know that in October the new family housing addition being built next to the school is going to increase our numbers. I have 16 desks in my room and there are no more desks available in the school. I'm trying to get my hands on some round tables with cubbies. Otherwise, I will have 9 students that I'll just have to start stacking on the shelves or something. My room is getting close to ready but especially because of the desk situation, it's not there yet. I went in to school today in a short sleeve shirt b/c everyone is going casual since we aren't officially back on and it is extremely hot in the building. My principal kinda freaked out over my tattoo. I promised it would never be seen when I am working. I felt stressed out afterwards, like I had ruined the good impression she had of me. A teacher on my team assured me that she would forget about it quickly. So that's fun.

No comments: